Declaration, Scheduling and Reporting for Bilateral Trades
- Bilateral trades shall be declared, scheduled and reported as given below:
- By 0900 bilateral parties shall request wheeling path to TSOs for the following day
- At 1100 TSOs shall confirm wheeling paths for the following day
- By 1130, estimated bilateral trades are declared to the Market Operator for the following day
- By 1145 Market Operator notifies the relevant TSOs the bilateral transactions declared to the MO by sellers
- By 1300 utilities shall submit schedules to their control areas
- At 1500 bilateral schedules are finalised for the following day
- By 1530 final bilateral trades are submitted by sellers
- By 1600 Control Areas shall submit tie line interchange schedules for the following day to the Market Operator
Declaration, Scheduling and Reporting for the Day Ahead Market (DAM) trading
- DAM trades shall be subject to the following trading timelines:
- By 0900 on the trading day, the Market Operator shall publish the applicable exchange rate for trading between the United States dollar and South African Rand. These are the two currencies that shall be used for DAM trading by participants and financial settlements by the Market Operator
- By 1100 on the trading day, TSOs shall confirm available transmission capacities for power wheeling through their systems for the following day. In the event that TSOs fail to declare such capacities by 1100 hours, the Market Operator shall use the default transmission capacities entered onto the DAM trading platform or the previous day transmission capacities whichever is higher.
- By 1130 on the trading day, sellers on bilateral and OTC trading platforms shall declare their hourly sale volumes for the following day to the Market Operator. In the event that these are not declared, by 1130 hours, the Market Operator shall assume zero volumes for the following day for such registered bilateral and OTC contracts.
- By 1145 on the trading day, the Market Operator shall calculate and publish Available Trading Capacities to be allocated for DAM trades for the following day.