The Southern African Power Pool (SAPP) was created with the primary aim to provide reliable and economical electricity supply to the consumers of each of the SAPP members, consistent with the reasonable utilisation of natural resources and the effect on the environment.
Vision and Objectives
- Facilitate the development of a competitive electricity market in the Southern African region.
- Give the end user a choice of electricity supply.
- Ensure that the Southern African region is the region of choice for investments by energy intensive users.
- Ensure sustainable energy developments through sound economic, environmental and social practices.
- Provide a forum for the development of a world class, robust, safe, efficient, reliable and stable interconnected electrical system in the southern African region.
- Co-ordinate and enforce common regional standards of Quality of Supply; measurement and monitoring of systems performance.
- Harmonise relationships between member utilities.
- Facilitate the development of regional expertise through training programmes and research.
- Increase power accessibility in rural communities.
- Implement strategies in support of sustainable development priorities.
- Respect for others and develop mutual trust
- Honesty, complete fairness and integrity in dealing with issues
- Selfless discharge of duties
- Full accountability to the organisation and its stakeholders
- Encourage openness and objectivity